Lose excess weight. Regain your health.
Among the many other surgical procedures offered at Carson Tahoe Health is bariatric surgery. Done through laparoscopic gastric bypass or vertical sleeve gastrectomy, these procedures are intended to help patients better digest food or lose weight. Carson Tahoe’s skilled doctors are trained to take the utmost care in determining whether a minimally-invasive bariatric procedure may be right for them. Whether it’s through surgery, expert nutritional care, or both, Carson Tahoe’s goal is to keep patients healthy and help them live a life they love.
Is surgical weight loss right for you?
- BMI >35 with co-morbidities or >40 without co-morbidities
- Healthy enough to undergo a major operation
- Failed attempts at medical weight loss
- Absence of drug and alcohol problems
- No uncontrolled psychological conditions
- Consensus by multi-disciplinary team
- Understands surgery and risks
Must demonstrate dedication to lifestyle change and lifetime follow-ups
Who is not eligible?
- Obesity is related to an untreated metabolic or endocrine disorder
- Untreated history of substance abuse or untreated major psychiatric disease
- Severe health conditions that would make surgery dangerous
- Looking to become pregnant within the next 18 months
- 65 years of age or older
- Schedule initial consultation with surgeon
- Verify benefits and obtain insurance authorization
- Psychological evaluation
- Nutritional evaluation & counseling with dietician
- Pre-operative testing
- Lifelong follow-up appointments and support groups
Meet our Bariatric Surgeon