Carson Tahoe Health’s dedicated employees believe that how care is delivered is as important as the services themselves…and that same care continues long after you have left our facilities. Carson Tahoe understands that medical care is frequently unexpected and we wish to extend to our customers every possible method to meet financial obligations.
The Patient Financial Services Department is your link to timely, skillful, and responsive financial assistance. Carson Tahoe is pleased to offer payment plans that will help reduce the pressure of your healthcare obligations.
Patient Financial Services’ hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm. For additional questions regarding your billing, you may call (877) 304-1299.
Healthcare Services Billed Separately
Please be advised that you can receive several bills in conjunction with your visit at Carson Tahoe.
Physicians are NOT employees of the hospital and deliver independent services, including but not limited to: emergency or urgent care, obstetrics and gynecology, pathology, radiology, anesthesiology and surgery.
Since every insurance plan is different, it is very important to check your coverage and ask questions. You can contact your insurance plan directly, or contact your employer for more information. Please contact their private offices with questions about their bills.
For Our Uninsured Patients
Billed charges for services received at Carson Tahoe Health will be discounted 30%.
Financial Assistance Program
Carson Tahoe Health is committed to treating all patients equitably, with dignity, respect and compassion regardless of their financial status or ability to pay. In support of this commitment, Carson Tahoe Health has established a Financial Assistance Program which offers both free and discounted care, depending on individuals’ family size and income.
- Care being discounted must be medically necessary or emergent.
- Patients must provide support of financial need based upon current federal poverty guidelines.
- Patients must attest that they do not qualify for government assistance programs and/or third party payment programs, health savings or medical savings accounts that would cover their share of cost.
- Patients must be at or below 400 percent of the current Federal Poverty Guidelines found at website: https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines
Limitations on Charges
Once you are approved for financial assistance, your billed charges will be reduced to the average generally billed amount paid for insured patients provided emergency or medically necessary care. Your final discount is then based upon eligibility in accordance to current federal poverty guidelines.
How to Apply
If you are considering applying for the program or would like to obtain a free copy of the entire Financial Assistance Program policy, please contact us by:
- Calling a Financial Counselor at (775) 445-8609, or the Patient Financial Service Office at (775) 445-7550. You can request to have an application mailed to you.
- Download an application by clicking the link below:
- You may also visit us in person at Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center, 1600 Medical Parkway, in the Main Lobby, or in Patient Financial Services at Carson Tahoe Specialty Medical Center, 775 Fleischmann Way, Carson City, NV.
Your Patient Rights
You are entitled to receive a full copy of the Financial Assistance Program as well as our Collection Policy / Guidelines. This information can be provided to you via:
- US Mail
- Electronically secured email
- By contacting one of our financial counselors at (775) 445-8609 or (775) 445-7550.
- Visiting any of our Carson Tahoe Health locations
Complaints may be filed with the Nevada Bureau for Hospital Patients:
Office of Consumer Health Assistance
555 E. Washington Ave., Suite 4800
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Phone: (702) 486-3587
Fax: (702) 486-3586
Toll Free: 1 (888) 333-1597
You may also file your complaint in writing by accessing the forms on the website at www.govcha.nv.gov