Please be advised that due to the increase of influenza cases in our community, Carson Tahoe Health is taking the following precautions in accordance with our visitation policy. The following restrictions will help ensure the safety of our patients and staff:
1. No visitors under the age of 12 are permitted on the second or third foor of the Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center. Siblings of newborns may be allowed in the OB (Obstetrics) Department after careful screening, but must remain in the patient room at all times. Children must stay in the waiting areas on the first floor and must be supervised by an adult. CTH will not assume responsibility for minors at any time.
2. No more than two visitors for any patient’s room at a time. OB patients are limited to two visitors in addition to a newborn’s siblings.
3. Visitors with respiratory symptoms are discouraged to visit. If visitation is granted, a mask must be worn and visitors will be restricted to the patient room. One mask will be issued per visit.
4. Emergency and Urgent care areas are limited to two visitors.
5. Visitation hours from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm will be enforced. Until further notice, an overhead page will be announced each night at 8:00 pm to alert visitors that “visiting hours” are over. This does not apply to visitation of gravely ill patients (Note: exceptions will be made on a case by case basis by the Director, Manager, AC, Administration, or Hospital Epidemiologist. Overnight stays by one family member may continue.)
6. Each unit will enforce visitation restrictions.
Thank you for helping us keep our community healthy.